Over the past year, it’s been increasingly important for businesses to attract and retain the best and the brightest employees in the market. Employers need a compelling health benefits package, and employees want flexible alternatives to the traditional ways to access care—all while considering their total well-being.
As a health plan affiliated with Sutter Health—one of the nation’s leading healthcare networks—Sutter Health Plus continues delivering value to employers in terms of affordability, competitive benefits, and access to a respected provider network.
“Nearing the end of our ninth year in operations, I couldn’t be prouder of our journey to integrate care and coverage for 100,000 members,” shared Phil Jackson, CEO of Health Plan Partnerships & Products at Sutter Health who provides executive oversight for Sutter Health Plus.
“As a local health plan in Northern California, we remain resolute in our goal to deliver a seamless experience for our members and simplify the complexities of coverage for our broker partners and employer groups.”
Sutter Health Plus highlights for 2022 included:
- Transitioning to a new Pharmacy Benefit Manager to provide high-quality coverage and service while helping manage prescription drug costs
- Participating in Sutter’s expansion of virtual-first primary care in Oakland through Tera Practice
- Earning a high rating of 4 out of 5 stars for Quality and Service from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Celebrating provider network quality awards from national and state healthcare organizations
- Offering new large group plans that center on convenience and affordability, with lower cost sharing for telehealth and Sutter Walk-In Care
- Assisting our members in navigating their coverage, cost, and access to care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
- Launching a new series of member videos designed to help members conveniently access and manage care for the whole family
As of December 2022, the Sutter Health Plus provider network in the greater Sacramento, Central Valley, and Bay Area communities includes 29 hospitals and campuses, more than 7,000 providers, Sutter Walk-In Care locations, and dozens of care centers, urgent care centers, and many other healthcare providers. Members enjoy convenient features through our high-quality delivery system, such as access to virtual care, pharmacy home delivery, an online patient portal, and a single number to call for care and coverage needs.
For more information about Sutter Health Plus or to find out how to add the plan to your employee health benefit offerings, please contact your broker or call Account Services weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at 855-325-5200.