Tera Practice, a virtual-first approach to primary care, is an innovative digital health model that was established by the Sutter Health network to enhance human connection and deliver a positive experience. The Tera care team includes a primary care physician (PCP), an advance practice clinician, a nurse, and a registered dietitian, who provide virtual care through My Health Online (MHO), phone calls, and offer in-person appointments* as needed. The Tera teams are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tera recently expanded to a new Bay Area location in Oakland, welcoming Dr. Jonathan S. Lee, with an office located at 350 30th Street.
“This is so convenient! I’m so busy and it’s hard to take care of my medical issues. How have I been missing out on this practice? This is the best – I love it.” – a San Francisco Tera patient in her 40’s
Meet the Care Teams
Tera is available to members in the greater Bay Area through Tera PCPs:
- Jonathan S. Lee, M.D., with an office in Oakland
- Matthew Sakumoto, M.D., with an office in San Francisco
- Yumi DiAngi Taylor, M.D., with offices in Burlingame, South San Francisco, San Jose, and San Carlos; also serving Santa Cruz
- Jocelyn Tseng, M.D., with offices in San Carlos, San Jose, and Sunnyvale; also serving Santa Cruz
Features and Benefits of Tera
Tera is a highly customizable, flexible, and comprehensive primary care model designed to help members build a personal relationship with their care team while making the most of their time. Features include:
- Virtual appointments
- Convenient on-the-go messaging through MHO at no additional cost
- A direct phone line to the care team to ask questions and treat symptoms as they arise
- Health coaching with a registered dietitian
- A holistic approach—caring for the whole person
- Navigation and referrals to mental health, specialty care, and ancillary services
- Quick prescription refills and automated reoccurring lab orders
- In-person PCP appointments*, as needed
Tera is a good fit for individuals seeking flexible and modern primary care, whether they’re at home, at work, or on the go. People with chronic conditions may find the expanded access and health coaching services especially helpful in monitoring their health.
Get Started with Tera
Sutter Health Plus members can select a Tera PCP by logging into the Member Portal and clicking the Change PCP link at the top of the page, or by calling Member Services at 1-855-315-5800.
To learn more about Tera, visit sutterhealthplus.org/terapractice.
*Please note, if the Tera provider a member selects does not have an office in their local community, the member may need to travel for an in-person appointment. Members may also be able to see another Sutter provider closer to home.