Over the past few years, disrupted routines and time away from friends, sports and social activities have taken a toll on teens’ mental health. In fact, 11.5% of youth nationwide (over 2.7 million) are experiencing severe major depression, according to Mental Health America.
To help teens and young adults ages 13-22 manage their everyday mental health, Sutter Health Plus members have access to Scout by Sutter Health™ — a personalized digital program that helps build resilience for managing their mental wellness. Scout is conveniently available in mobile-friendly and web platforms in English as well as Spanish.
Champions (parents, caregivers and adult family members) can also use Scout to increase their own awareness and education with tools that are separate, yet parallel to the youth content. Sample topics for champions include understanding a loved one’s condition, tips on mindfulness, medication adherence and self-care.
Scout is different from coaching and therapy by offering interactive tools, tips and exercises with features like feelings trackers, expression tools, videos and a guided resilience journey to help meet life’s challenges and develop an early understanding of difficult emotions and mental health stressors – all at no cost as a benefit for Sutter Health Plus members.
- Weekly education: Guided journeys or self-paced learning.
- Feelings tracker: Receive helpful and personalized content through self-expression.
- Trends & insights: Learn more about oneself and feelings over time.
- Tips, tools & activities: Build new skills and strengthen mental resilience.
- Reminders & nudges: Stay on track and achieve mental health goals.
- Support resources: Find resources to get the help when and where it is needed.
- Download the free Scout app from the App Store or Google Play or go to scout.sutterhealth.org
- Open the app or site and click “I have an access code”
- Enter the access code emailed to members or obtain the code by calling Member Services at (855) 315-5800
- Create a profile
Still have a few questions? You can learn more at scout.sutterhealth.org.