Some days can be unpredictable. A deadline was missed. A disagreement with a loved one. A flat tire on the way home. Finding ways for managing stress in the moment, gaining a new perspective or becoming more aware of behavioral patterns can help in reacting to day-to-day challenges with resiliency.
Sutter Health Plus members ages 13* years and older have access to Self Care by AbleTo featuring confidential, self-paced support for emotional, behavioral and mental wellness — available 24/7 via online or mobile app at no extra cost through U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, California (USBHPC), a subsidiary of Optum. AbleTo provides personalized, on-demand content and self-care techniques and coping tools designed to help members understand their emotional state, manage life’s stressors and boost well-being. According to AbleTo, users reported a 61% decrease in depression and a 35% decrease in feeling alone.
- Daily mood tracking by answering questions and taking clinically validated self-assessments to identify behavioral and emotional patterns and track changes over time.
- Meditation and mindfulness exercises like deep breathing and positive visualization to help with shifting perspectives, coping with stress and anxiety, facing everyday challenges and improving sleep quality.
- Collections of focused, curated articles and videos on topics like work/life balance, maintaining healthy habits and managing relationships.
- A personalized roadmap for self-paced goalsetting and weekly check-ins for monitoring progress.
- Community chat and message boards connecting people and inspiring a sense of belonging and empowerment.
- Journaling with options for guided self-reflection and freewriting.
Eight-Week Therapy Program
Through AbleTo, members can also self-refer to a structured, 8-week virtual therapy program with a USBHPC licensed therapist via telephone or video. During the program, members work one-on-one with a therapist to set goals using evidence-based techniques for their unique needs, with oversight from a clinical team. Flexible sessions are available daily, including evenings and weekends, and can be scheduled online. Cost sharing for the program depends on the member’s plan design.
Ready To Get Started?
- For access through a mobile device, download the AbleTo app from the App Store or Google Play and follow the prompts to get started. On a computer, visit AbleTo.com/begin and select the Get Started button.
- Select program sponsor: Sutter Health Plus
- When prompted, input the access code. Note: all members with an email address on file will be sent the access code. Members may also obtain the access code by calling Member Services at (855) 315-5800.
- Answer a few brief questions and create an account.
AbleTo should not be used for urgent care needs. Members experiencing a crisis or needing emergency care should call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department. Members experiencing a behavioral health crisis can text or call 9-8-8 to reach the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, available 24/7. Confidential support is also available anytime by calling USBHPC at (855) 202-0984. Learn more about AbleTo at liveandworkwell.com.
*Members must be age 18 or older to access the 8-week therapy program offered by AbleTo.