Over the past year, many businesses have successfully reset their “business as usual” operations, from standardizing virtual approaches to retooling organizational structures. One key area that has sharpened across industries is a focus on employee engagement and retention—including offering comprehensive health benefit plans.
Serving 100,000 members, Sutter Health Plus delivers value to its employer clients and members by offering affordable plans with access to a provider network focused on improving care coordination, promoting prevention, and achieving better health outcomes.
“We consider it a privilege to serve our members and we value the relationships we have built with them as well as our brokers and employers,” shared Phil Jackson, CEO of Health Plan Partnerships & Products at Sutter Health. “While 2021 was anything but a ‘normal year,’ I’m proud we remained focused on our commitment to offer Northern Californians affordable access to high-quality, integrated care and coverage.”
Sutter Health Plus highlights for 2021 include:
- Offering members expanded access to same-day pharmacy delivery in the Bay Area
- Increasing same-day access through a new Sutter Walk-In Care location in San Bruno
- Expanding to serve more employers and members in Nevada and Placer counties
- Supporting Sutter’s expansion of virtual-first primary care in the Bay Area through Tera
- Earning a remarkable 4.5 out of 5 stars for quality and satisfaction from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Celebrating provider network quality awards from national and state healthcare organizations
- Preparing to transition to a new Pharmacy Benefit Manager to provide high-quality coverage and service while helping manage prescription drug costs
- Assisting our members in navigating their coverage, cost, and access to care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
As of December 2021, the Sutter Health Plus provider network in the greater Sacramento, Central Valley and Bay Area communities includes 29 hospitals and campuses, more than 7,000 providers, Sutter Walk-In Care locations, and dozens of care centers, urgent care centers, and many other healthcare providers. Members enjoy convenient features through our integrated delivery system, such as access to virtual care, pharmacy home delivery, an online patient portal, and a single number to call for care and coverage needs.
For information on Sutter Health Plus or to find out how to add the plan to your employee health benefit offerings, please contact your broker or call Account Services weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at 855-315-5800.