2020 was a year unlike any other. And yet, through all of the challenges, healthcare providers and health plans have displayed resilience, drove rapid technology innovations, and continuously showcased compassion and caring.
“I’m especially proud to see Sutter Health Plus rise to the occasion in providing exceptional service to members during what has been arguably the most difficult year our local and global community has faced in recent history,” shared Phil Jackson, CEO of Health Plan Partnerships & Products at Sutter Health.
Now serving nearly 100,000 members, Sutter Health Plus remains an important part of Sutter’s commitment to delivering value-based care in Northern California. As a provider-sponsored HMO, the health plan and the care delivery system closely coordinate for the purpose of improving care, access, patient satisfaction, and overall value.
Sutter Health Plus is pleased to report a year of continued success in connecting clients with the right benefit plans and a relentless focus on expanding convenient access to care and delivering a seamless member experience—through the pandemic and beyond.
Highlights for 2020 include:
- Adding Dignity Health Dominican Hospital and Dignity Health Medical Group-Dominican Physicians to the provider network in Santa Cruz County
- Increasing same-day access through new Sutter Walk-In Care locations in Midtown Sacramento, Milpitas, Folsom, and Vacaville
- Announcing its decision to waive certain cost-sharing for members who receive covered services related to testing and treatment of a COVID-19 diagnosis, and for covered telehealth services
- Expanding video visit availability to many Sutter primary care physicians, including pediatricians, through My Health Online
- Offering access to Sanvello—an app offering clinical techniques to help dial down the symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression—anytime, anywhere
- Supporting Sutter’s third expansion of virtual-first primary care in the Peninsula region through Tera
- Celebrating provider network quality awards from national and state health care organizations
“I’m optimistic about the coming year as the plan continues supporting Sutter’s mission by providing our community with affordable ways to access high-quality, compassionate care,” continued Phil.
As of Jan. 1, 2021, the Sutter Health Plus provider network in the greater Sacramento, Central Valley and Bay Area communities will include 29 hospitals and campuses, 28 Sutter Walk-In Care locations, more than 1,500 PCPs, 5,300 specialists, and many other healthcare providers.
For information on Sutter Health Plus or to find out how to add the plan to your employee health benefit offerings, please contact your broker or call Account Services weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at 855-315-5800.