Sutter’s dedication to safe care has been recognized by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about doctors and hospitals. Healthgrades named four Sutter Health Plus network hospitals with a 2023 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and one network care center with Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for 2023.
2023 Patient Safety Excellence Award Recipients
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center—Alta Bates Campus—named among the top 5% in the nation for patient safety
- Eden Medical Center—named among the top 10% in the nation for patient safety
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center—named among the top 5% in the nation for patient safety
- Novato Community Hospital—named among the Top 10% in the nation for patient safety
2023 Outstanding Patient Experience Award Recipient
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center—recipient of Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for 10 years in a row
Only Triple Crown Award Recipient in California
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center was also recognized as the only hospital in California, and one of five in the nation, to receive the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, Patient Experience Award, and America’s 50 Best Award in 2023.
The Patient Safety Excellence Award™ recognizes hospitals that have the lowest occurrences of 14 preventable patient safety events. According to Healthgrades, if all hospitals, as a group, performed similarly to the 2023 Patient Safety Award Recipients, on average 95,880 patient safety events could have been avoided between 2019 and 2021.*
Read more about these honors from Healthgrades.
*Statistics are calculated from Healthgrades Patient Safety Ratings and Excellence Award methodology which is based primarily on AHRQ technical specifications (Version 2022.0.1) for MedPAR data years 2019 through 2021 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only.