Sixteen hospital campuses in the Sutter Health Plus network achieved recognition in the 2022-2023 Best Hospitals in California by U.S. News & World Report. The goal of these annual ratings is to help people find the best healthcare at hospitals recognized for their high quality. State and metro area rankings reflect the highest performing hospitals in the area across multiple areas of care.
This year, four network hospital campuses ranked among the top 100 in the state:
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento was ranked 42nd in California and 4th in the Sacramento metro area. This facility was also recognized for high performance for Stroke; Aortic Valve Surgery; Heart Bypass Surgery; Congestive Heart Failure; Heart Attack; Hip Replacement; Hip Fracture; and Prostate Cancer Surgery.
Sequoia Hospital (Redwood City) was ranked 46th in California and 4th in the San Francisco metro area. This facility was also recognized for high performance for Aortic Valve Surgery; Heart Bypass Surgery; Heart Failure; Hip Fracture; Hip Replacement; Knee Replacement; and Pneumonia.
ValleyCare Medical Center (Pleasanton) was also ranked 46th in California. This facility was also recognized for Uterine Cancer Surgery; Heart Failure; Kidney Failure; Maternity Care; Hip Fracture; Hip Replacement; COPD; and Pneumonia.
El Camino Hospital (Mountain View) was ranked 56th in California. This facility was also recognized for high performance for Colon Cancer Surgery; Prostate Cancer Surgery; Aortic Valve Surgery; Heart Failure; Stroke; Hip Fracture; and Hip Replacement.
Additionally, the following Sutter Health Plus network hospital campuses earned recognition as “high performers” in one or more clinical areas:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Oakland) | Stroke
- California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco) | Stroke; Congestive Heart Failure; Colon Cancer Surgery; Hip Fracture; and Uterine Cancer Surgery
- Dominican Hospital (Santa Cruz) | Stroke
- Eden Medical Center (Castro Valley) | Stroke
- Memorial Medical Center, Modesto | Stroke; and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center (Burlingame) | Stroke; Congestive Heart Failure; and Hip Fracture
- Novato Community Hospital | Hip Fracture
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center | Kidney Failure; Stroke; COPD; and Pneumonia
- Sutter Delta Medical Center (Antioch) | Congestive Heart Failure; and COPD
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center | Stroke; COPD; Hip Fracture; and Lung Cancer Surgery
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital | Hip Fracture
- Watsonville Community Hospital (Santa Cruz) | Pneumonia
For more information and complete rankings, visit U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals.