Everyday life can bring stress or worry. Because caring for your mental health is as important as your physical health, Sutter Health Plus can connect you with powerful resources and personalized support.
Mental health and substance use disorder treatment services are available to members through U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, California (USBHPC). Members may self-refer to a participating USBHPC provider for in-person or virtual office visits, no referral required. USBHPC covers sessions with a counselor, therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist. Such appointments may provide strength for life’s many challenges––in relationships, school, and the workplace, among others.
In addition to accessing benefit information or finding a provider, you can also find detailed behavioral health material at liveandworkwell.com. The site’s navigational menus present a number of articles, assessments, videos and other valuable resources:
- Personal Life: for caregiving, parenting, military and veterans, relationships and well-being
- Mind & Body: for mental and physical health, recovery and resiliency, and substance use disorder and addiction
- Crisis Support: for abuse, addiction, disasters, finance, hospitalization, housing and suicide prevention, and helping a loved one with a mental health crisis
- Find a Resource: locate practitioners and facilities, for in-person and virtual appointments
- Benefits & Claims: view claim status, submit an out-of-network claim and learn about your mental health care coverage and benefits
Risk factors for stress and emotional challenges include the death of a loved one, divorce, or personal injury/illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You may also be at risk if you suffered a traumatic experience like military combat or assault.
If you need services or have questions about your benefits, contact USBHPC at 855-202-0984. The Substance Abuse Treatment Helpline is available 24 hours a day at 855-780-5955. Our goal is to help members stay informed, take action, and seek services—all in the name of living the healthiest life possible.