The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the Pfizer pediatric COVID-19 vaccine for children ages five to 11—a population of more than 28 million in the United States. This is long-anticipated and welcome news for many parents with school-age children.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Appointments
COVID-19 vaccine eligibility now includes all individuals age five and older. Currently, children ages five and older are able to get an age-appropriate dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Parental or guardian consent is required.
Vaccinations are offered at multiple locations across the Sutter Health Plus service area. Initial pediatric vaccine appointment availability at Sutter may be limited. Members can check appointment availability through:
- Network pharmacies
- The Sutter Health COVID-19 Vaccine appointment line at 844-987-6115
- Sutter’s patient portal, My Health Online
- My Turn, California’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling portal
As a reminder, Sutter Health Plus covers COVID-19 vaccines for our members, even if administered out-of-network.
To maximize protection from COVID-19 and prevent possibly spreading COVID-19 to others, the CDC still recommends wearing a mask indoors in public settings—regardless of vaccination status. At this time, it’s important to remain vigilant and follow public health guidelines.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit:
- Sutter Health Plus COVID-19 Coverage, Cost and Access to Care for health plan information and FAQs
- Sutter Health COVID-19 Resources for clinical information, a COVID-19 interactive screener, patient information, and more
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for federal guidance, U.S. data tracking, and public health information
- California Department of Public Health for California-specific alerts, data tracking, resources and guidance