Sixty percent of adults in the U.S. have at least one chronic health condition, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Managing chronic conditions, such as heart disease or diabetes, can sometimes require taking a maintenance prescription medication—increasing the demand for easily accessible pharmacy services. One way the industry is meeting this demand is through pharmacy delivery. Busy professionals, on-the-go families, and those who have difficulty making a trip to a pharmacy due to distance, travel costs, or limited mobility may benefit from the convenience of this option.
Sutter Health Plus members can have prescription medications delivered to their doorstep with CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy. With CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy, members can obtain up to a 100-day supply of an eligible prescription for the cost of two 30-day supplies, as determined by their benefit plan, with free delivery. This could result in hundreds of dollars in savings throughout the year with fewer prescription refills, helping to lower the member’s overall healthcare spend.
Signing Up Online, by Phone, or Mail
Signing up for Mail Service Pharmacy is simple. Once enrolled, members can ask their provider to send eligible prescriptions to CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy or log into the CVS Caremark member portal and select eligible prescriptions for delivery. After a prescription is approved, processed, and shipped, it should arrive within five days.
- Visit Caremark.com and register for the member portal. Note: CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy may only be set up from a desktop or laptop computer.
- Select “Prescriptions” from the menu, then select the “Start Rx Delivery by Mail” option.
- Select “Price this drug” on an active prescription from the list or search for a new prescription drug to determine eligibility for mail service.
- Click the “Request a New Prescription” button, then proceed to checkout. Add a shipping address, delivery details, prescribing provider information, and a payment method before submitting.
Members may also sign up by calling CVS Customer Care for Sutter Health Plus members at (844) 740-0635 or mailing the CVS Caremark Mail Service Order Form to CVS Caremark with copies of their paper prescriptions, prescription numbers, and payment.
- Order prescription refills and renewals
- Chat with specialty-trained pharmacists and nurses
- Set up notifications, alerts, and refill reminders
- Manage and track prescription orders
- Check drug cost, coverage, and savings opportunities
- Locate a nearby network pharmacy
- View benefits, copay, and claims information
- Manage billing and payments
For questions or assistance, please contact CVS Caremark Customer Care for Sutter Health Plus members at (844) 740-0635 and visit Caremark.com to learn more.