Tera, a virtual-first approach to primary care, is an innovative digital health model that was established by Sutter Health prior to the pandemic. With Tera, a dedicated medical team focuses on helping members live their healthiest lives. The Tera care team includes a primary care physician (PCP), licensed nurse, health coach, and nurse practitioner who all provide in-person or virtual care.
Tera recently expanded to a new Bay Area location in San Francisco, welcoming Matthew Sakumoto, M.D., with an office located at 350 Rhode Island St., Suite 200.
Meet the Care Teams
Tera is available to members in the greater Bay Area through Tera PCPs:
- Matthew Sakumoto, M.D., with an office in San Francisco
- Yumi DiAngi Taylor, M.D., with offices in Burlingame, South San Francisco, San Jose, and San Carlos
- Jocelyn Tseng, M.D., with offices in San Carlos, San Jose, Sunnyvale, and Santa Cruz
The Tera teams are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., through messaging, phone, and video visits.
Features and Benefits of Tera
Tera is built to be highly customizable, providing flexible and comprehensive primary care services, including:
- Virtual appointments
- Convenient on-the-go messaging through My Health Online at no additional cost
- A direct phone line to the care team to ask questions and treat symptoms as they arise
- Health coaching with a registered dietitian
- A holistic approach—caring for the whole person
- Navigation and referrals to mental health, specialty care and ancillary services
- Quick prescription refills and automated reoccurring lab orders
- More time and a personal relationship with your care team
- In-person PCP appointments*, as needed
Tera is ideal for individuals who want convenient primary care that fits into their lives, whether they’re at home, work, or on the go. People who have chronic conditions may find the expanded access and health coaching services especially helpful in monitoring their health. Tera is also a great fit for those who seek a stronger relationship with their care team and want greater shared decision-making and flexibility in their healthcare.
Get Started with Tera
Sutter Health Plus members can select a Tera PCP by logging into the Member Portal and clicking the Change PCP link at the top of the page, or by calling Member Services at 1-855-315-5800.
To learn more about Tera, visit sutterhealthplus.org/terapractice.
*Please note, if the Tera provider you select does not have an office in your local community, you may need to travel for an in-person appointment. You may also be able to see another Sutter provider closer to home.