The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its recommendations to include a new COVID-19 booster for individuals aged 12 and older who received a primary vaccination series or booster shot at least two months ago. The booster targets omicron’s BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, in addition to the original coronavirus strain.
Federal health officials believe the shots will provide the best level of protection against the highly transmissible COVID-19 variants currently circulating—especially as we head into the annual flu season in the fall and winter months.
COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
Sutter Health Plus covers COVID-19 vaccines for our members, including additional doses or booster shots, even when administered out-of-network. Vaccinations are offered at multiple locations across the Sutter Health Plus service area. Members can check appointment availability through:
- Network pharmacies
- Sutter’s patient portal, My Health Online
- My Turn, California’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling portal
- The Sutter Health COVID-19 Vaccine appointment line at 844-987-6115
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Test Results
Members who received their COVID-19 vaccination(s) or testing with Sutter can view and share proof of their COVID-19 vaccination(s) or test results easily from My Health Online. After signing in, members can click the Menu button, scroll to My Record and select COVID-19 to view details. Visit Sutter’s COVID-19 Vaccine Resources page for more information.
Additionally, all members can go to California’s Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record site to get a link to a QR code and digital copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit:
- Sutter Health Plus COVID-19 Coverage, Cost and Access to Care for health plan information and FAQs
- Sutter Health COVID-19 Resources for clinical information, a COVID-19 interactive screener, patient information, and more
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for federal guidance, U.S. data tracking, and public health information
- California Department of Public Health for California-specific alerts, data tracking, resources and guidance