The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends pediatric COVID-19 vaccines for children ages six months through four years old. This is welcome news for many parents wanting to protect their young children—a population of approximately 19 million in the U.S.—from the virus and waves of infection through new variants.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Appointments
COVID-19 vaccine eligibility now includes all individuals aged six months and older. Parent or guardian consent is required.
The Sutter Health Plus network of providers offer vaccinations at multiple locations across Northern California. Initial pediatric vaccine appointment availability in the U.S. may be limited. Members can check appointment availability through:
- Network pharmacies
- My Turn, California’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling portal
- Sutter Health’s patient portal, My Health Online
- Sutter Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine appointment line at 844-987-6115
As a reminder, Sutter Health Plus covers COVID-19 vaccines for our members, even if administered out-of-network.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Test Results
Members who received their COVID-19 vaccination(s) or testing with Sutter can view and share proof of their COVID-19 vaccination(s) or test results easily from My Health Online. After signing in, members can click the Menu button, scroll to My Record, and select COVID-19 to view details. Visit Sutter’s COVID-19 Vaccine Resources page for more information.
Additionally, all members can go to California’s Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record site to get a link to a QR code and a digital copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, visit:
- Sutter Health Plus COVID-19 Coverage, Cost and Access to Care for health plan information and FAQs
- Sutter Health COVID-19 Resources for clinical information, a COVID-19 interactive screener, patient information, and more
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for federal guidance, U.S. data tracking, and public health information
- California Department of Public Health for California-specific alerts, data tracking, resources and guidance